TARUS Products is a machine tool builder and software developer for global manufacturing. We are a family owned company in Sterling Heights, Michigan that has been in business for over 30 years. Highly competitive compensation packages are offered including: health, dental, vision, and prescription plan, as well as participation in a contributing 401K retirement plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Perform calibrations for correction & compensation of machine geometry errors.
• Perform functions/tests and any other relevant work to ensure a quality calibration.
• Responsible for assuring that all calibrations are performed in accordance to ISO 17025 standard and Tarus Quality procedures.
• Machine setup & installations prior to calibration.
• Machine service and maintenance.
• Perform in-plant calibrations and service calls (when needed).
• Maintain all tools/equipment and use good housekeeping practices.
• Perform any additional duties as directed by Tarus management.
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems both mechanical and dimensional.
• Must have experience and expertise using equipment necessary to perform calibrations (Renishaw Laser System, Hamar Laser System), Renishaw Ball bar, fixed ball bars, dial indicators, precision squares and precision levels.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills.
• Ability to troubleshoot, repair, align and optimize precision equipment and machinery.
• Must be a self-motivator with strong attention to details.
• Ability to follow written procedures and document findings during calibrations.
• Commitment to being a team player with flexible, positive, adaptive approach to resolving problems, schedules and changes.
• Must have great interpersonal and customer service skills. Ability to work well with demanding customers in a tight tolerance environment.
• Good computer skills and knowledge of Windows OS. Experience with using MS Word and Excel helpful. Knowledge of ISO 17025 Quality Management System a plus.
• Knowledge of Tarus, Heidenhain, Fidia and Fanuc machine controls a plus.
• Minimum three years of calibration experience.
• Some training can be done on specific Tarus equipment for right individual.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds without assistance.
• Standing and bending are required.
• Works primarily in a manufacturing environment at Tarus locations or customer sites.
• Willingness to travel. Travel is required to local, domestic and international locations.