TARUS Products is a machine tool builder and software developer for global manufacturing. We are a family owned company in Sterling Heights, Michigan that has been in business for over 30 years. Highly competitive compensation packages are offered including: health, dental, vision, and prescription plan, as well as participation in a contributing 401K retirement plan.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Design 3D assemblies for machines using Autodesk Inventor.
• Create manufacturing detail prints with GD&T
• Create machine layout drawings for sales or customers.
• Create layout models for customer’s machines.
• Make assemblies, part, material, process and fabrication.
• Maintain and organize Vault Data.
• Design and detail in house fixtures for manufacturing parts.
• Create complete BOM for assemblies.
• Review design intent/function
• Review assemblies or components prior to release
• Check another’s work, parts fitting, hole patterns, process, etc.
• Maintain and complete Engineering Change Requests (ECRs)
Position Requirements & Qualifications:
• Must have experience with Autodesk Inventor, AutoCad, and Autodesk Vault.
• Must have strong mechanical aptitude, with the ability to troubleshoot and resolve problems both mechanical and dimensional.
• Must have excellent problem solving skills.
• Must be a self-motivator with strong attention to details.
• Commitment to being a team player with flexible, positive, adaptive approach to resolving problems, schedules and changes.
• Must have great interpersonal skills.
• Good computer skills and knowledge of Windows OS. Experience with using MS Word and Excel helpful.
• Degree/Experience preferred but not required.
• Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds without assistance.
• Standing and bending are required.
• Works primarily in a manufacturing environment at the main Tarus location.